WELCOME NOTE-POST CONFERENCE
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the team that was behind the organizing the 1st East Africa Project Finance Conference. Special thanks to the Conference sponsors including Acciona Infrastructure, Questworks, Mwananchi Credit Limited and Stratton Consulting. We would also want to recognize the speakers and the attending delegates.
From the very constructive feedback we are receiving from the attending delegates, it is clear that the conference was successful and met the objectives that we had set out to achieve.
As much as we could not get full representation of the entire East African region, we are grateful to have very insightful presentations from Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. We look forward to have the remaining countries represented in the subsequent editions.
Below conclusions came out clear from the conference:
- The lack of well packaged and structured projects is stifling efforts to attract more private investment in infrastructure in the region.
- There is need to build capacity in efficient structuring and packaging of infrastructure projects.
- The region is keen on undertaking projects jointly with the private sector and has made great strides in strengthening the Public-Private Partnership regulatory framework.
- There is need for the governments in the region to foster investor confidence so as to be able to attract more sustainable long term project finance.
We look forward to having you again in our 2nd edition of the East Africa Infrastructure Project Finance Conference on the 20 – 21st February 2020 at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Upper Hill Nairobi as we engage further on how efficient structuring of infrastructure projects is a catalyst to attracting investment in infrastructure in East Africa.
The conference is an initiative of Lean Africa Consultants Limited, a consulting firm incorporated in Kenya that offers project finance and Public Private Partnership (PPP) advisory services. Lean Africa’s vision is to structure sustainable financing solutions that conclusively address the needs, challenges and opportunities of Africa.
- To build capacity on how to structure and enhance infrastructure project proposals so as to make them bankable.
- To engage the banking fraternity on the need to model sustainable longer term finance facilities for infrastructure projects.
- To explore mechanisms that can minimize and mitigate risks in infrastructure projects.
- To create a forum through which the East African region can show case infrastructure project pipeline.
- To increase investment in infrastructure through efficient structuring of infrastructure projects.
- To explore possibilities of harmonizing the region’s PPP framework so as to be able to sell regional projects to the private sector.
CONFERENCE KEY FOCUS AREAS
Infrastructure project structuring
Infrastructure risk management
Infrastructure project financing
Public – Private Partnerships
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE CONFERENCE
Learn from renowned infrastructure project consultants on how best to structure infrastructure project proposals for success. Additionally, you can benchmark on how other project owners in the region have been able to successfully structure and implement signature infrastructure projects.
The conference brings together diverse infrastructure project lenders including commercial banks, pension funds and development financing institutions. These entities will showcase the different financing lines that they offer and how you can package infrastructure proposals to secure financing through them.
Have an early look at the project pipeline of the East African region and identify key projects that you might be interested in and position your company for business.
The conference is a strategic opportunity to network with the government officials, top management of commercial banks and contracting authorities, infrastructure consultants and legal entities that will be in attendance. Take advantage of the breaks during the conference to close important deals to further your business agenda.
WHO ATTENDS THE CONFERENCE?
- Ministries of Finance/ Infrastructure/Transport of the East African countries
- Public Private Partnership Unit Directors
- Infrastructure Financing units of contracting entities
- Infrastructure /Project Finance Units of Commercial Banks
- Insurance companies
- Institutional investors
- EPC contractors
- Project Finance Consultants
- Law firms
- Multilateral and Development Finance Institutions
- Research and educational institutions
- Economic and Commercial Offices of foreign governments